Android 2.3 is the fastest version of android yet. There are plenty of user interface changes and boost in performance. The touch is more responsive and smooth. Lot of cool animations and effects. Supports new video and audio formats. The new keyboard is awesome with multi-touch & automatic spell correction.
- Theme and user interface touch-ups
- Redesigned virtual keyboard with different font
- Switch to voice mode to make text corrections
- Multitouch capabilities to enter keyboard shortcuts
- One-touch text selection
- Power manager closes some CPU-hogging apps
- More accessible power management app
- Internet calling via SIP
- NFC (near field communication) support
- New download manager
- Enhancements for game developers
- New audio effects for developers, including sound mixing
- Support for VP8/WebM video compression
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards.
If you haven’t installed custom recovery then read this article and install it before you proceed Install Custom Recovery.
Installing Custom recovery is the hardest part everything else is very simple.
Step 1: Download necessary files
Download the latest version of gingerbread from cyanogen_thunderg-ota-eng.mik.zip.
Copy both the files to the root of your SD card.
Step 2: Recovery mode
Switch off your phone and hold the key combination to boot into custom recovery mode.
Step 3: Wipe
Now in custom recovery mode scroll down to the wipe section by using your volume keys.
Press the physical menu button on your phone to enter into the wipe section.
Inside wipe section you will have many options. Wipe the following
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe Cache.
- Wipe sd-ext.
Step 4: Flash zip from sd card
Now go back to the main menu
Select flash zip from sd card and choose Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip from the list of zip files. This will format your /system directory.
Again from the main menu select flash zip from sd card and select cyanogen_thunderg-ota-eng.mik.zip
If you get stuck in the LG logo you have done something wrong or missed a step.